Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
What can I say here other than this is quite posibly the best chicken tenderloin I have ever had? It's also baked!
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken strips or 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, fine
- 2 tablespoons head country seasoning
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno seasoning salt (optional)
- buttermilk, enough to cover chicken
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350!
- Clean and trim chicken as neccesary. If cutting up chicken breasts then cut to a medium size. About 2-3 inches wide and 5-6 inches long. After you have cleaned and cut the chicken into strips place them in the medium bowl and cover with just enough buttermilk. Mix in 1 TBS of Head Country seasoning and 1 TBS of Jalapeno Salt. Let this sit for about 15-20 minutes.
- Mix Bread Crumbs, Parmesan, Jalapeno Salt and the Head Country seasoning in a dish or pie-pan. Place your baking pan next to it with wax paper covering the bottom. Brush a thin layer of olive oil over the surface. You can also season the wax paper if you like.
- Take the strips directly from the milk and coat them in the bread crumbs and parmesan. Press firmly and cover as evenly as possible. After placing all the chicken on the pan lightly drizzle olive oil over the strips. Place in oven and let sit for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
- You can also check the strips by selecting the biggest, thickest strip and cutting into the middle of it. Aslong as it is white and doesn't look slimy then you're good to go!
- Remember to wash your hands every time you handle the chicken!