Recipe by connie427
This is so easy and yummy. It is a Heinz 57 recipe. I had it the first time at a restaurant in Texas and was so surprised to see the recipe on the bottle of Heinz 57 sauce that was on the table. Lucky me!
Top Review by Ginny Sue
Just two ingredients in the sauce, but it becomes a wonderful tangy, slightly sweet coating that works well with chicken. I used 3 large bone-in breasts that totaled about 2 pounds.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (I use whatever I have on hand just so it is white)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken in skillet in the butter.
- Combine the Heinz 57 sauce and the wine, and pour over the chicken.
- Cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes'til tender, basting frequently.
- Remove cover the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Spoon sauce over the chicken.