Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is so easy and yummy. It is a Heinz 57 recipe. I had it the first time at a restaurant in Texas and was so surprised to see the recipe on the bottle of Heinz 57 sauce that was on the table. Lucky me!
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (I use whatever I have on hand just so it is white)
- Brown chicken in skillet in the butter.
- Combine the Heinz 57 sauce and the wine, and pour over the chicken.
- Cover and simmer for 30 to 40 minutes'til tender, basting frequently.
- Remove cover the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Spoon sauce over the chicken.
Just two ingredients in the sauce, but it becomes a wonderful tangy, slightly sweet coating that works well with chicken. I used 3 large bone-in breasts that totaled about 2 pounds.