Recipe by Grannydragon
This is a very quick and tasty dish from the sister of my heart, Mary. I am posting it here for safe keeping. Gluten-Free and diabetic adjustments, included.
Top Review by CulinaryExplorer
This was VERY good! Super simple to throw together and went great over some pasta! The flavor reminds me a lot of a sweet and sour type thing. I halved the amount of chicken but made the entire amount of sauce and it was just right for us.... and actually I think next time if I planned on putting it on pasta again I might do 1 1/2 the amount of sauce since it is so good. Dh really enjoyed this as well. Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup flour (I use Gluten Free flour)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, melted
For the sauce
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons flour (I use Gluten Free flour)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I use Splenda)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F degrees.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika in a plastic bag. Add chicken, shake to coat in bag. Shake off the loose flour from chicken and arrange chicken in a baking dish. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the sauce:.
- Cook peppers and onions in hot oil until tender,in a skillet.
- Stir in the 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Add chicken broth, sugar (or Splenda) and crushed red pepper.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat and add vinegar. Spoon over chicken and bake another 30 minutes.