Recipe by Riaketty
I was looking for an alfredo-like sauce and came up with this instead. It's VERY rich and not a low calorie meal!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 dash thyme
- 1 dash salt (omit if using bullion for chicken stock)
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to about 350.
- Mix garlic, ginger, and olive oil in a skillet until garlic starts to brown.
- Brown chicken breasts and transfer to baking pan.
- Put chicken in the oven while making the sauce.
- Turn down burner to medium heat. Add chicken stock, thyme, and salt to pan. Mix in all the remaining garlic and ginger bits. Add milk and cream cheese. Allow the cream cheese to melt and whisk well to mix everything. Add mozzarella, mix well, and let sit until everything melts together and sauce turns into a "big goopy mess".
- Pour onto chicken breasts. Put them back in the oven for about 20-30 minutes or until internal temp is correct.
- Excellent with a 'plain' side dish such as brown rice, some noodles, or even just a spinach bedding.