Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 lbs cut up fryer chickens
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a 9x13-inch baking dish, melt butter.
- In a small mixing bowl, blend together honey, orange juice, lemon juice, mustard, salt and curry. Mix well.
- Pour a little of the honey mixture in bottom of baking dish.
- Next, coat both sides of chicken with honey mixture.
- Place chicken into baking dish and pour remaining honey mixture over top.
- If chicken isn't skinned, place skinned side of chicken down in baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, basting frequently.
- Then turn chicken over and bake an additional 30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Place chicken on a warm platter covered with aluminum foil in a preheated 200 degree oven.
- Pour honey mixture into a saucepan and thicken mixture by combining the cornstarch and water.
- Cook honey until mixture is turns thick and clear.
- Remove chicken from oven and drizzle honey over top.
- Serve with rice.