Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A little on the sweet side but kids will love this dish. This is one of my moms recipes, so the cooking time is about an hour until chicken is cooked through and the chicken gets brownish from the sauce. I bet it would be even with a smokey barbecue sauce like bull's eye.
- 6 chicken pieces (I use skinless boneless)
- 1 (455 ml) bottlekraft original barbecue sauce
- 1 (19 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven at 350.
- Mix barbecue sauce, pineapple pieces, pineapple juice, ground ginger, honey and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Place chicken in a baking pan.
- Pour sauce over chicken
- Cook uncovered for 1 hour.
- Check chicken a few times during cooking so it won't dry out and baste chicken pieces as needed.
I also used boneless chicken for this recipe. The sauce is very rich and has a wondeful flavor and the chicken was moist and tender. We didn't care for the texture of the pineapple chunks after 1 hour of cooking time, so next time I will stir them into the sauce after cooking.