Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
You could use any herb in this dish and it would taste great
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 whole chicken, cut in parts
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 1⁄3 cups sour cream
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Brown chicken.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and rosemary.
- Pour the hot chicken stock over the chicken.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Pour juices from pan to a saucepan.
- Cook over high heat until reduced to 1/2 cup.
- Gradually stir in sour cream.
- Pour over chicken.
very easy to make, i might actually trust my teenage daughter to try and make it sometime. everyone, but 1 picky little boy enjoyed it. will make again. thanks.
Chicken, browned and then baked with chicken stock and rosemary. Sour cream, combined with the the pan juices, makes an instant and absolutely delicious sauce. I used bone in breasts and drained the excess fat before adding chicken broth. I used fresh chopped rosemary, which added color as well as superb flavor to the dish. The only thing I did different was to remove the chicken to a plate and make the sauce in the roasting pan. Thanks, Alleyoop for another wonderfull recipe.