Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is my version of a recipe that was in a local magazine from our power company. I changed around a few of the ingredients and scaled it to feed two. Hope you enjoy. I love it because it is pretty quick and easy. Just add a salad and green beans and you have a wonderful meal.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, poached and cut into four pieces.
- 1 can crescent roll
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- salt and pepper
- Poach the chicken for 15 minutes in enough water to cover; salt and pepper the water; remove from water, cool and cut into 4 pieces.
- Divide the crescent rolls and roll chicken in the rolls (you will not use but 4 of the rolls, so you will have 4 left over to cook for your bread) Place the chicken into a 8x8 casserole dish which has been sprayed with pam or buttered.
- Place seam side down.
- Heat soup, milk and 1/2 cup cheese in a small sauce pan until cheese is melted.
- Pour over chicken bundles and then sprinkle the other 1/2 cup cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees until rolls are golden brown, approximately 20 minutes.
- NOTE: I always freeze the water that I use to poach the chicken in 2 cup servings.
- I then use this in the place of water in soups and stews.
I'll bet if you use your George Foreman grill it will add a "roasted chicken" flavor to an already great recipe.Some peas or broccoli under the cheese sauce will add a little color interest& fiber
Really simple and really yummy. I loved how easy this was. Very much in the comfort food category. The only issue I had was not baking it for quite long enough, some of the dough was still a little under-cooked. I would just do it for a few more minutes in the oven next time.
I am sorry, but this dish was way too salty. It almost contains a recommended daily sodium intake and saturated fat and is not good for people with diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol or CVD. The idea was great though.