Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is so simple and easy and taste so good. The best part is that it makes it's own gravy.
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- flour (no particular amount)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 -5 lbs cut chicken or 4 chicken breasts
- In a 9x13 inch pan melt margarine.
- Lay pieces of chicken in pan.
- Sprinkle with sifted four, until all is covered.
- Mix milk, soup and onion mix together. Pour over chicken.
- Bake at 350 for 1-1 1/2 hours uncovered.
This was soooo good and easy! I substituted some bacon renderings for the butter and since I was out of milk I used half and half. The only other change I made was to give it a sprinkle of pepper and paprika before putting it in the oven. The gravy was amazing served over some chive mashed potatoes. (2)
Made this as posted except I did use 2%milk, and low fat butter. Other than made as posted, very flavorful and the kids, and myself enjoyed for lunch today. Made for 1-2-3 hits..
This was pretty good. I used a healthy version of cream of mushroom soup and that certainly made a difference in my mind on the consistency of the gravy. It was rather thin. Next time I would use the standard version to thicken it up a bit. The taste was good, but the again, the gravy was a bit thin. Thatnks for sharing. Made for 123 Hits Tag.