A quick and easy way to prepare a nice chicken casserole. Not quite sure why it's called German style since the cheese used is Italian, but that's the name it had when I found it for a request on the recipe request board.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Melt butter in large saucepan over medium low heat.
- 3Whisk in flour and stir 3 minutes.
- 4Gradually whisk in broth and milk.
- 5Simmer until thick, about 10 minutes.
- 6Blend in lemon juice and seasonings.
- 7Combine cooked noodles and half the sauce, tossing gently to blend.
- 8Place in the bottom of a buttered 2-quart casserole.
- 9Top with chicken and remaining sauce.
- 10Combine Parmesan cheese and paprika, and sprinkle over casserole.
- 11Bake until bubbling and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken German Style
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.7
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 143.4 mg
- Sodium 818.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 32.1 g