Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Chicken baked with sherry.
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces (legs, thighs, etc)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Measure flour, salt, paprika and pepper into plastic or paper bag.
- Shake chicken, 2 or 3 pieces at a time, in bag until thoroughly coated.
- Brown chicken in oil over medium heat.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken skin side up in ungreased baking pan, 9X9X2 inches.
- Mix broth, sherry and garlic.
- Pour 1/3 of broth mixture on chicken.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake until tender, 45-50 minutes, basting occasionally with remaining broth mixture.
- Uncover last 5 minutes of baking time to crisp chicken.