This is one of my own easy creations that is very good! This is really simple to make, just prepare the rice, bake in the oven, then throw in your cooked meatballs at the end of cooking the rice (simple eh?)! The rice just alone without the meatballs is just delicious, but to make it into a complete meal, just add the meatballs, and a salad on the side! I have only made this recipe with Uncle Ben's converted white rice, so I can't promise the same results using an alternative rice. Throw in some frozen peas too if desired! Prep time only includes preparing the rice before baking the rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 1/2 cups converted white rice (Uncle Ben's is the best for this!)
- 4 1/2 cups good quality chicken broth (I use my homemade broth recipe) or 4 1/2 cups turkey broth (I use my homemade broth recipe)
- fresh ground black pepper (lots!)
- 10 -15 prepared and cooked meatballs (or as many as desired)
- 1Well grease an oven-proof larger size pot all over (grease sides of pot also) and prepare a tight-fitting oven-proof lid.
- 2Heat the butter in the pot.
- 3Add in the onions and garlic; sauté for 4-5 minutes, or until semi-soft.
- 4Add in the rice, and stir for 1-2 minutes with a wooden spoon.
- 5Carefully add in the chicken both; mix well with a wooden spoon, and bring to a boil.
- 6Cover the pot with an oven-safe lid, and simmer on top of the stove for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally with a spoon.
- 7Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 8Place the pot in oven (with the lid on), and bake the rice for about 33-35 minutes, or until the rice is desired tenderness.
- 9Remove and stir in all the meatballs; mix well (it's that easy!).
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken Flavoured Rice With Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 259.6
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 631.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: