Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a recipe I created after trying several baked chicken finger recipes. I like this combination of seasonings, but it's always fun to try different things. You could use saltines, other crackers, other spices, etc!
- 1 lb chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup crushed corn flakes (, or cheese crackers)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium glass or plastic bowl, combine chicken breast and buttermilk.
- Cover and put in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine corn flakes (or cheese crackers),italian seasoned breadcrumbs, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper in large ziploc bag.
- After chicken is chilled, drain off liquid and add to ziploc bag, shaking to coat.
- Add olive oil to shallow baking pan.
- Place chicken in pan.
- Bake for approximately 4 minutes on each side, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with honey mustard dip or light ranch dressing.
These are better then any deep fried chicken fingers you'll find out there. A good substitution for butter milk is half cup milk + 1/2 Tablespoon vinegar OR lemon juice, (i prefer lemon juice) let sit for 10 mins. Used 1/2 cup crushed Ritz Cracker instead of corn flakes. I also added about a teaspoon of chipotle pepper to the seasoning mix for some nice heat. Very good.
These came out really good. But there is no way I would just bake them for 4 minutes a side. The chicken would be totally raw. I baked min for 25 minutes and they were small, thin chicken strips.
These turned out great and were so easy! I was missing a few ingredients so I used other's suggestions and made my own "buttermilk" using milk and vinegar. I also used panko crumbs, Parmesan cheese and the spices for all the breading. The baking time was about 25min. I was also having a chicken wing craving so at the end I basted a few of the strips with some hot sauce/melted butter/garlic for a bit of a buffalo wing flavor...craving fully satisfied!