Recipe by erinBOberrin
This is a recipe I created after trying several baked chicken finger recipes. I like this combination of seasonings, but it's always fun to try different things. You could use saltines, other crackers, other spices, etc!
Top Review by Jschn549
These are better then any deep fried chicken fingers you'll find out there. A good substitution for butter milk is half cup milk + 1/2 Tablespoon vinegar OR lemon juice, (i prefer lemon juice) let sit for 10 mins. Used 1/2 cup crushed Ritz Cracker instead of corn flakes. I also added about a teaspoon of chipotle pepper to the seasoning mix for some nice heat. Very good.
- 1 lb chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup crushed corn flakes (, or cheese crackers)
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium glass or plastic bowl, combine chicken breast and buttermilk.
- Cover and put in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Combine corn flakes (or cheese crackers),italian seasoned breadcrumbs, garlic powder, oregano, and black pepper in large ziploc bag.
- After chicken is chilled, drain off liquid and add to ziploc bag, shaking to coat.
- Add olive oil to shallow baking pan.
- Place chicken in pan.
- Bake for approximately 4 minutes on each side, or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with honey mustard dip or light ranch dressing.