Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is easy and healthy.
Make and share this Baked Chicken Fajitas recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 12 flour tortillas, warm
- In a 13x9x2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray, combine the chicken, tomatoes, onion and peppers.
- Combine the oil, chili powder, cumin and salt. Drizzle over chicken mixture, toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400°F for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Spoon onto tortillas; fold in sides.
Easy prep work, easy clean up and very tasty! I cheated and used a fajita mix instead of the spices (I was in a hurry for lunch lol) but everything was ready for the oven in a matter of minutes and the veggies came out tender with just a hint of crispiness...excellent. Plan on making often.
Wonderful and so easy to make. I love that it goes in the oven as roasting the veggies bring out their natural sweetness. The only thing I'd do different next time would be to spread out the veggies more. I used large veggies and needed more room. So 2 baking sheets next time with some veggies with chicken on one and rest on the other sheet making sure veggies have plenty of room. Made for *1-2-3 Hit Wonders* game 2007
This was a good meal! I doubled the recipe because I had 2 lbs of chicken. I used a red, green, yellow, and orange pepper. Added some pepper and red chili pepper flakes. We ate it with refried beans and tortillas. Made a lot. Will be eating it for lunch tomorrow. I think next time I will use a fajita packet of seasoning.