Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a cookbook titled Let the Kids Cook which was distributed by a local supermarket in a showbag and the local Royal Agricultural Show. Times are estimated.
- 1 kg chicken drumstick (8 to 12 drumsticks)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Slash each drumstick in 3 places with a sharp knife.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients and work the marinade into the drumstick meat.
- Lay the drumsticks out in a single layer in a shallow pan or on a baking tray, leaving a little space between each if possible and pour over any excess marinade.
- Bake at 180C for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling (time will depend on size of drumsticks).
- Serve with coleslaw.
Great BBQ type of chicken. I made 1/2 of the recipe and also used ketchup in place of the tomato sauce and used a paste of fresh ginger in a tube, but otherwise followed as written using chicken wings. After the baking time, I turned on the broiler for a min or two to add a little more color/browning. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Holiday Tag Game.
Perfect, tasty, and full of flavor these drumsticks are! I followed this exactly and these were just so tasty, I kept a extra drumstick for myself tomorrow! Adored the ginger, it was an undercurrent and very receptive to the rest of the ingredients. Just try this, and you will be going, "Yum, yum, yum...all the way to the barn!! Made for your win, "Diabetic Forum" April 2010
Very tasty. The only thing I changed was to sub the Worcestershire sauce (did not have any) for Ketjap Manis. The drumsticks were good hot as well as cold. Easy to make. Yes, a good recipe. Thanks for posting.