From a cookbook titled Let the Kids Cook which was distributed by a local supermarket in a showbag and the local Royal Agricultural Show. Times are estimated.
- 1 kg chicken drumstick (8 to 12 drumsticks)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (grated)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Slash each drumstick in 3 places with a sharp knife.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients and work the marinade into the drumstick meat.
- Lay the drumsticks out in a single layer in a shallow pan or on a baking tray, leaving a little space between each if possible and pour over any excess marinade.
- Bake at 180C for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling (time will depend on size of drumsticks).
- Serve with coleslaw.