Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
We really like the flavor of this easy chicken dish. The aroma that fills the house is fantastic! It's not a quicky but most of the time it's in the oven so you're not actually doing anything but waiting. I like to serve this with buttered egg-noodles. If you like chicken cacciatore, give this one a try- it's kinda in the same family.
Top Review by Boomette
This is so yummy. The sauce goes well with the chicken and veggies. I used a small onion, diced. I used 4 roma tomatoes (fresh) and added a little of tomato juice. For the sauce I used fat-free sour cream. Thanks Realtor :) Made for Holiday tag
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoons shortening (I use olive oil)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Season your chicken the way you like it.
- Brown it in the shortening or olive oil.
- Place browned chicken in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Cook the onion and garlic in the drippings until tender.
- Add tomatoes and parmesan cheese; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes; pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven; remove chicken from dish and set aside.
- Place drippings from baking dish in a saucepan.
- Blend drippings together with sour cream and flour.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.