Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
We really like the flavor of this easy chicken dish. The aroma that fills the house is fantastic! It's not a quicky but most of the time it's in the oven so you're not actually doing anything but waiting. I like to serve this with buttered egg-noodles. If you like chicken cacciatore, give this one a try- it's kinda in the same family.
- Season your chicken the way you like it.
- Brown it in the shortening or olive oil.
- Place browned chicken in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Cook the onion and garlic in the drippings until tender.
- Add tomatoes and parmesan cheese; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes; pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven; remove chicken from dish and set aside.
- Place drippings from baking dish in a saucepan.
- Blend drippings together with sour cream and flour.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture thickens, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
This is so yummy. The sauce goes well with the chicken and veggies. I used a small onion, diced. I used 4 roma tomatoes (fresh) and added a little of tomato juice. For the sauce I used fat-free sour cream. Thanks Realtor :) Made for Holiday tag
Fancy type meal without the fuss! I used bite sized chicken breasts. I didn't see where to add the parmesan so I did the same as the previous poster and added it to the tomatoes while simmering. I discovered when doing the final prep for the sauce that my sour cream had expired, but even without it this was still great!
Delicious chicken dish. Made it yesterday and served it with mashed potatoes. Since I didn't have fresh garlic, I used 3 teaspoons of ground garlic from a jar, added the Parmesan cheese with the tomatoes as we discussed in a zmail, added more Parmesan cheese just before serving, and freshly chopped parsley to garnish. My grandchildren loved the 'saucy chicken' as they called it. Yum.