Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a very attractive dish, lower in calories because it is not breaded nor fried. I often add some hot sauce to give it more zip. Make your own cutlets by pounding a skinless breast or even a thigh to about 1/4" thickness or a little more
- 2 small chicken cutlets
- 1 large roma tomato, chopped (or other tomato)
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 large mushrooms, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon asiago cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Lightly spray a small baking dish with oil.
- Place half the chopped tomato in the dish.
- Place the two cutlets on top of the tomato.
- Sprinkle the rest of the tomato on the cutlets, then add remaining ingredients and finally topping it with the cheese.
- Bake in 325F oven for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the cheese nicely browned.
I made this today, it was great!! I cooked in the crockpot on low for 6 hours .. I didnt have any jalapenos so I used hot pepper flakes .. Thanks Bergy!!
Very easy to put together and delicious! I used the tomatoes I had and left out the green onion. I did use a red onion and doubled the recipe! Thanks Bergy for a easy and delicious meal!
This was very good and I had almost everything in my garden! I didn't have any asiago so I doubled the parmesan. It was beautiful on the plate! Thanks Bergy for another great recipe.