Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this recipe at Copykat.com and it has become a favorite. Serve with mashed potatoes or baked potatoes, a vegetable and salad and enjoy!
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 6 pieces thin-sliced cooked ham
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- salt and pepper
- Combine soup and milk until smooth and pour into a lightly greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Place chicken breasts on top of soup, sprinkle with salt and pepper (if desired) then top each breast with 1 slice of ham and 1 slice of swiss cheese.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until chicken is fork tender.
Excellent recipe for a quick family meal! Served it on white rice with broccoli. This recipe allows you to get other things done in the house and make a outstanding dinner.
I really enjoyed the ease of this recipe. I used to always pound the chicken then stuff with the ham and cheese, bread it, fry it, and bake it off! Whew - I am tired just from talking about it! This turned out really good. I followed recipe as well as added some basil to the soup mixture, sprinkled paprika on chicken, then topped off the ham and cheese with panko bread crumbs and a little all-purpose herb seasoning. Much easier and very tasty!
Wow, I wan't expecting this to be so good. I had ham to use up and had my mind set on Chicken Cordon Bleu. I found other more time-consuming recipes, but this was quick and I decided to test it. I wasn't disappointed. I used 4 slices of thin, honey-cured ham on top, and 4 slices of swiss to cover the two chicken breasts I had. I didn't have mushroom soup, so I used cream of chicken with herbs. This was fast, easy and delicious. It's an absolutely Keeper.