Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have been making this for years and is always a hit at dinner parties. Easy because you can make ahead and cook when guests arrive.
- Place one slice of ham on each chicken breast. Then place one slice of swiss cheese on that. Roll-up jelly roll style.
- Combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Dip rolled chicken in eggs then coat generously with bread crumb mixture.
- Place seam side down in greased casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream and cream of mushroom soup in small saucepan. Heat through but do not boil.
- Serve chicken over rice and top with sauce. I serve with assorted steamed vegetables.
- If making ahead place uncooked prepared chicken in fridge then bake when needed.
3 stars, the sauce and the ample breading did not pass my calorie justification test (if I am going to eat something with a lot of calories, it must taste wonderful enough for me to plan my diet around it). The chicken/ham/swiss cheese roll was good, but I thought the amount of breading was excessive (and needed some melted butter). The sauce was unremarkable. If I desired a sauce, I would use a creamy parmesan cheese sauce or a supreme sauce for the wow factor. The cream of mushroom soup with sour cream did not deliver any payback to me; why not forget the sour cream, and add 1/4 cup of white wine and 1/4 cup evaporated milk to 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup instead? I admit I am picky about sauces; I usually skip them entirely if they are mediocre. But I loved the chicken/ham/swiss cheese combination. Made for PAC Spring 2008.
i loved this recipe mine turned out delicous!