Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I first made this when I was 15 and my family enjoyed it. It's okay following the recipe, but I think you should add a little extra seasoning to make it more flavorful like I did.(I must add garlic salt to almost everything!) :-)
- 1 (3 -3 1/2 lb) frying chickens, cut up
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon or 1 teaspoon thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon rosemary, crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 small garlic clove (minced or pressed)
- Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry with paper towel. Peel off any visible fat and discard.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken pieces with the salt and pepper.
- In pie plate, mix the crumbs, cheese, herbs, mustard and parsley.
- Combine butter and garlic and brush generously on chicken pieces.
- Coat both sides with crumb mixture. Arrange, several inches apart, in a flat baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until chicken is golden brown and tender.
IT came out to crunchy for my taste and didnt live up to my standards. Still someone who likes very dry crunchy chicken would like this one,just not me.