Recipe by RyGuy
This casserole is easy to assemble, and a great use for leftover chicken. It is even good when my mom forgets to put the chicken in! This recipe calls for Minute Rice as the liquids included in the recipe and cooking time will not work with traditional rice. Prep time does not include time to cook chicken.
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 (24 ounce) can chop suey vegetables, drained
- 3⁄4 cup Minute Rice
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth, boiling
- 5 ounces chow mein noodles (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except broth and noodles in a casserole dish.
- Pour broth over mixture.
- Bake 35 minutes unvcovered at 375 degrees.
- Sprinkle top with desired amount of noodles.
- Bake 10 more minutes.
- Celery will be crunchy.
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to one week.