Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This sauce can stand up against any Mexican restaurant and is easy to prepare as well. The fresh jalapeno and canned chilies in the sauce give it a good balance of flavor. Save time by purchasing a rotisseri chicken from your grocery store!
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 5 pitted green olives
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded monterey jack cheese
- 0.5 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 lb shredded cooked chicken meat
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the cream of chicken soup into a blender along with the green chiles, olives, jalapeno, and lime juice.
- Puree until smooth, then pour into a saucepan, and warm over medium-low heat while proceeding with the recipe.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and taco seasoning until well blended.
- Fold in the chicken.
- Evenly divide mixture among the 8 tortillas. Fold each tortilla into a rectanglular packet around the filling.
- Spray the chimichangas with non-stick cooking spray and bake seal side down until the tortillas are lightly browned, about 20 minutes--but watch them as each oven is different.
- To serve, place a chimichanga on a plate, and ladle the warm sauce overtop.
- Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and green onions.
- Finish with a dollop of sour cream.
I love anything mexican but this is awesome. I will definitely make again. I substituted dark olives and omitted the onions (my husband is alergic). It still trn