This sauce can stand up against any Mexican restaurant and is easy to prepare as well. The fresh jalapeno and canned chilies in the sauce give it a good balance of flavor. Save time by purchasing a rotisseri chicken from your grocery store!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 5 pitted green olives
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded monterey jack cheese
- 0.5 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 lb shredded cooked chicken meat
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Pour the cream of chicken soup into a blender along with the green chiles, olives, jalapeno, and lime juice.
- 3Puree until smooth, then pour into a saucepan, and warm over medium-low heat while proceeding with the recipe.
- 4In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and taco seasoning until well blended.
- 5Fold in the chicken.
- 6Evenly divide mixture among the 8 tortillas. Fold each tortilla into a rectanglular packet around the filling.
- 7Spray the chimichangas with non-stick cooking spray and bake seal side down until the tortillas are lightly browned, about 20 minutes--but watch them as each oven is different.
- 8To serve, place a chimichanga on a plate, and ladle the warm sauce overtop.
- 9Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and green onions.
- 10Finish with a dollop of sour cream.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken Chimichangas With Green Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (3052 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 872.1
- Calories from Fat 536
- Total Fat 59.5 g
- Saturated Fat 25.4 g
- Cholesterol 149.0 mg
- Sodium 1970.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 36.9 g