Recipe by Juenessa
This sauce can stand up against any Mexican restaurant and is easy to prepare as well. The fresh jalapeno and canned chilies in the sauce give it a good balance of flavor. Save time by purchasing a rotisseri chicken from your grocery store!
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 5 pitted green olives
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded monterey jack cheese
- 0.5 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 lb shredded cooked chicken meat
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the cream of chicken soup into a blender along with the green chiles, olives, jalapeno, and lime juice.
- Puree until smooth, then pour into a saucepan, and warm over medium-low heat while proceeding with the recipe.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and taco seasoning until well blended.
- Fold in the chicken.
- Evenly divide mixture among the 8 tortillas. Fold each tortilla into a rectanglular packet around the filling.
- Spray the chimichangas with non-stick cooking spray and bake seal side down until the tortillas are lightly browned, about 20 minutes--but watch them as each oven is different.
- To serve, place a chimichanga on a plate, and ladle the warm sauce overtop.
- Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and green onions.
- Finish with a dollop of sour cream.