Recipe by bmcnichol
We love these baked chimichangas.
Top Review by Kit Katchen
We really enjoyed these and loved how easy they were to put together! We actually got 9 chimis out of the recipe and found the flavors were even better in our leftovers! I did brush a small amount of olive oil on each of them before popping them into the oven. Then we just topped the ones we were eating with sauce and kept the rest separate so the leftovers wouldn't get soggy. By the way, I really loved the sauce. It's so creamy! Needless to say, we will be making these again and often! For us, these calculated out to about 6 WW points each with the sauce, based on our brands. Thanks for this delicious recipe!
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, simmer the chicken, salsa, onion, cumin and oregano until heated through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla and top with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a saucepan, combine the broth, bouillon and pepper. Cook until bouillon is dissolved.
- In a bowl, combine flour and cream until smooth and gradually stir into broth.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in chilies and cook until heated through.
- Top chimichangas with sauce.