1/5 Photos of Baked Chicken Chimichangas
We love these baked chimichangas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1In a skillet, simmer the chicken, salsa, onion, cumin and oregano until heated through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- 2Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla and top with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- 3Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- 4Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 5Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 6In a saucepan, combine the broth, bouillon and pepper. Cook until bouillon is dissolved.
- 7In a bowl, combine flour and cream until smooth and gradually stir into broth.
- 8Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 9Stir in chilies and cook until heated through.
- 10Top chimichangas with sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken Chimichangas
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.6
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.9 mg
- Sodium 1065.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 30.4 g