Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
We love these baked chimichangas.
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 3⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- In a skillet, simmer the chicken, salsa, onion, cumin and oregano until heated through and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla and top with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- Place seam side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a saucepan, combine the broth, bouillon and pepper. Cook until bouillon is dissolved.
- In a bowl, combine flour and cream until smooth and gradually stir into broth.
- Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in chilies and cook until heated through.
- Top chimichangas with sauce.
We really enjoyed these and loved how easy they were to put together! We actually got 9 chimis out of the recipe and found the flavors were even better in our leftovers! I did brush a small amount of olive oil on each of them before popping them into the oven. Then we just topped the ones we were eating with sauce and kept the rest separate so the leftovers wouldn't get soggy. By the way, I really loved the sauce. It's so creamy! Needless to say, we will be making these again and often! For us, these calculated out to about 6 WW points each with the sauce, based on our brands. Thanks for this delicious recipe!
Very good. I did pepper my chicken and used fresh salsa. Next time I think I will also add a can of chilies to the chicken mixture. I did not use fat-free half-and-half; I used regular half-and-half. Don't like the ingredients used in fat free stuff. Thanks for a great recipe. Made for Ausie Swap Days of Christmas.
Absolutely delicious! This is one of our new favorites! Made exactly six servings for me. Didn't have green chilies so substitued 2/3 can of green enchilada sauce. Wonderful! Can't wait to make again!