Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
A healthier option for Chimichangas
Make and share this Baked Chicken Chimichangas recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Combine chicken, picante sauce, onion, cumin, oregano and salt in saucepan.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until most of liquid is evaporated.
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture onto unbuttered sides.
- Top with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Fold 2 sides over filling and fold ends down.
- Place seam side down in 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Bake in 475 degree oven about 13 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Top with guacamole, sour cream and additional picante sauce.
I've made these several times. I add a can of sliced olives and a can of diced chilies to the chicken at the same time the onions are added. I didn't find the need to use the butter, which cuts down on fats. Thanks for posting!
My whole family loved this recipe! We used reduced-fat monterey jack cheese and I mixed the cheese into the chicken, salsa mixture before filling the tortillas.
I was jsut going to add this recipe but I did a search and here it is!!!! I love these chimichangas they are not fried like most and are still crunchy and oh so good! We top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream.