Recipe by McGelby
A healthier option for Chimichangas
Top Review by jusme
I've made these several times. I add a can of sliced olives and a can of diced chilies to the chicken at the same time the onions are added. I didn't find the need to use the butter, which cuts down on fats. Thanks for posting!
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 2⁄3 cup picante sauce
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, slices
- 3⁄4-1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves (crushed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 (7 -8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 475.
- Combine chicken, picante sauce, onion, cumin, oregano and salt in saucepan.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until most of liquid is evaporated.
- Brush one side of tortillas with butter.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of chicken mixture onto unbuttered sides.
- Top with 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Fold 2 sides over filling and fold ends down.
- Place seam side down in 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Bake in 475 degree oven about 13 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
- Top with guacamole, sour cream and additional picante sauce.