Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a 30 minute meal that is very delicious and easy. I got this recipe from Cook's Country by the same people as Cook's Illustrated (America's Test Kitchen) They usually don't let me down.
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, trimmed (6 to 7 ounces each)
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- lemon wedge (for serving)
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 425°F Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper to taste in bowl.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and transfer to 13x9 inch baking dish. Combine basil and mayonnaise in small bowl and spread mixture evenly over chicken. Sprinkle bread-crumb mixture over mayonnaise, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Bake until crumbs are golden brown and instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of chicken registers 160°F 18-22 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
I really liked this one! Flavorful and very 'quick & easy'. All the kids and my hubby had seconds .. we'll be making it again. I used Panko breadcrumbs (love those!) and omitted salt. Everything else was according to recipe. Thanks for sharing it!