This is a simple dish with a subtle horseradish cream sauce.
Make and share this Baked Chicken Breasts With Horseradish Cream Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute without browning.
- Whisk in milk, bring to a boil, and cook, stirring, until sauce is thick and smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in horseradish, sour cream, sugar, mustard, and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange chicken breasts, skin side up, in a baking dish.
- Spoon half the horseradish sauce over chicken.
- Bake 45 minutes until chicken is tender.
- Broil chicken for 5 minutes to brown.
- Reheat remaining sauce and serve over chicken.
The cream had perfect consistancy without a ton of fat from cream. Delicious!
This chicken was so tender and juicy! It was cooked perfectly. My husband enjoyed this more than I did...but he likes horseradish, I don't. (Gotta make stuff the hubby likes every once in a while ;) ) I was expecting to not like it at all, but it was better than I imagined it would be! From my husband, a horseradish lover, this chicken gets 4 stars :) Thanks for posting. Made for "I Recommend Tag Game"
This was pretty good. I used whole wheat flour and 4 boneless skinless breasts. There was plenty of sauce for 4 breasts instead of just 2. I skipped the broiling step. The sauce and cooking time creates a very tender, juicy chicken breast. The sauce was definitely horseradish flavor. With all of the other ingredients in the sauce, I would have liked for another flavor to come through. I have never had horseradish with anything but beef so it was a change from the usual chicken flavors.