Recipe by BeckyF
This would be a very good last minute dinner to be served during the week. Served with steamed broccoli and pasta tossed with lots of chopped garlic and sautéed in olive oil, dash of hot pepper flakes and parmesan cheese.
- 4 chicken breast halves, on the bone (about 8 ounces each)
- coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed through a press
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim off any excess fat from the chicken.
- Season the breast generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon oregano over each piece and rub with the crushed garlic.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken and coat lightly with the olive oil.
- Pour the wine into a 12-inch baking dish.
- Place the chicken breast in the wine, skin side down, and marinate at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375°.
- Set the baking dish in the oven and bake the chicken 30 minutes.
- Turn skin side up and bake, basting with the pan juices every 10 minutes, for 25 to 35 minutes longer, until the skin is lightly browned and the chicken is cooked through but still juicy.
- Serve with any remaining pan juices spooned over the chicken.