Recipe by Marie
A different way to do chicken breasts using cornbread stuffing. Just put it in the oven and relax. So good!
Top Review by Annie's Tribe
I like this recipe as a quick dinner. The only thing I would change in the future is put the soup mixture on top of the chicken before the stuffing mixture. Other than that. I thought it was good. I served it with fettuccine tossed with clarified butter and herbs and a tossed green salad.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 lbs total)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Season chicken breasts with garlic powder, salt and pepper and place in single layer in baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine stuffing mix, corn, water and melted butter.
- Mix well and spoon over the chicken.
- Combine soup, milk and parsley and mix well.
- Pour over the stuffing, cover and bake for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 8 to 10 more minutes until stuffing is golden.