Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Aromatic, tender, and juicy - your family will love this chicken!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together mushrooms, green onion, Worcestershire, sherry, and almonds.
- Pour into shallow baking dish.
- Whisk together melted butter, paprika, lemon juice, and extract.
- Thoroughly coat breasts with butter mixture.
- Place breasts on top of mushrooms in the baking dish.
- Pour remaining butter mixture over breasts, and sprinkle with garlic powder and salt.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 deg F, or until juices run clear.
- Remove chicken from dish and pour sauce into saute pan.
- Over medium heat, thicken sauce with flour and sour cream.
- Serve chicken breasts with sauce and rice.
The ingredients in this chicken recipe are what inspired me to give it a go, really glad I did, the description from Julesong is perfect. Aromatic, Tender and Juicy. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting.
I used only two large chicken breasts for this recipe and didn't follow it entirely. I ditched the Worcestershire sauce and dry sherry and instead tossed in a little teriyaki sauce and red wine in with the mushrooms, green onion and almonds. It turned out lovely. I'm new to cooking and this was easy and successful.
I also didn't bother to thicken the sauce with sour cream/flour, I thought the juices straight out of the oven were perfect just the way they were. Threw a bit of the juice into a pan with some spinach and a few more mushrooms for the side. Lovely.
I wanted to make this because I like all of the ingredients and it sounded good. But neither me nor my husband liked it. We ate it but we didn't like it. The flavors just don't mix well. Maybe it would be better without the almond extract.