Recipe by Julesong
Aromatic, tender, and juicy - your family will love this chicken!
Top Review by Evie*
The ingredients in this chicken recipe are what inspired me to give it a go, really glad I did, the description from Julesong is perfect. Aromatic, Tender and Juicy. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together mushrooms, green onion, Worcestershire, sherry, and almonds.
- Pour into shallow baking dish.
- Whisk together melted butter, paprika, lemon juice, and extract.
- Thoroughly coat breasts with butter mixture.
- Place breasts on top of mushrooms in the baking dish.
- Pour remaining butter mixture over breasts, and sprinkle with garlic powder and salt.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 deg F, or until juices run clear.
- Remove chicken from dish and pour sauce into saute pan.
- Over medium heat, thicken sauce with flour and sour cream.
- Serve chicken breasts with sauce and rice.