Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
This recipe comes from Cooks Country magazine. It's a very easy, light, and tasty chicken dish. Perfect for prepping after a long day at the office.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (6 -7 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 -6 lemon wedges
- Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat to 425°F
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and transfer to 9x13 baking dish. Combine basil and mayonnaise in a small bowl and spread mixture over chicken. Sprinkle bread-crumb mixture over mayonnaise, pressing lightly to adhere.
- Bake until crumbs are golden brown and instant-read thermometer (inserted into thickest part of chicken breast) registers 160°F 10-22 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Making this for the third time tonight. It's a hit!
Everyone loved this chicken. I did substitute Italian seasoning for the fresh basil since that is what I had. Made for Fall PAC 2008