Prep 15 mins
Cook 192 hrs
The cream of chicken soup and sherry gives this a buttery taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces mushrooms, drained
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place in crock pot. In a saucepan combine remaining ingredients and mix until smooth and hot. Pour over chicken breasts. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours.
The chicken was exceptionally moist and tender. I think there was a tad too much rosemary for me and I love rosemary. Or perhaps I didn't like it with the Worcestershire sauce..I don't know, but the sauce was a tad too strong for me. I used fresh mushrooms and added a bit of chopped onion I had to use up. I sauteed both in the butter before adding the other sauce ingredients. I served it over buttered egg noodles and it was a comforting meal.
From Edna I have NOT made this recipe or ever tasted it, but, I can wait until I do. THANKS; I will be back.