Recipe by looneytunesfan
I received this recipe years ago from a coworker. It remains one of our all time favorite chicken recipes and I love that the rice gets cooked at the same time in the same pan. I have never made this recipe without skin on and bone in chicken breasts so if you decide to use skinless, boneless the taste may be very different.
Top Review by kymgerberich
This worked out exactly the way it should. I think the slow cooking is really what makes it come out. The chicken was tender and moist - didn't really need a knife to cut it - and the rice was nicely done. Really good flavor and couldn't be easier to put together!! Thanks!
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked white rice (not instant)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 8 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry chicken breasts.
- Place the uncooked rice in the bottom of a 9X11 baking pan.
- Mix soups, sherry and butter together and pour a little over the rice to moisten it.
- Salt the chicken breasts and place the salted chicken breasts on the rice.
- (It is okay if they overlap some).
- Pour the rest of the liquid on the breasts.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese, almonds and paprika on top.
- Note: Do not add any moisture to the soups.
- The only liquid is the wine.
- Bake 2 1/2 hours uncovered at 275 degrees.