Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
I received this recipe years ago from a coworker. It remains one of our all time favorite chicken recipes and I love that the rice gets cooked at the same time in the same pan. I have never made this recipe without skin on and bone in chicken breasts so if you decide to use skinless, boneless the taste may be very different.
- Wash and dry chicken breasts.
- Place the uncooked rice in the bottom of a 9X11 baking pan.
- Mix soups, sherry and butter together and pour a little over the rice to moisten it.
- Salt the chicken breasts and place the salted chicken breasts on the rice.
- (It is okay if they overlap some).
- Pour the rest of the liquid on the breasts.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese, almonds and paprika on top.
- Note: Do not add any moisture to the soups.
- The only liquid is the wine.
- Bake 2 1/2 hours uncovered at 275 degrees.