Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
I received this recipe years ago from a coworker. It remains one of our all time favorite chicken recipes and I love that the rice gets cooked at the same time in the same pan. I have never made this recipe without skin on and bone in chicken breasts so if you decide to use skinless, boneless the taste may be very different.
- Wash and dry chicken breasts.
- Place the uncooked rice in the bottom of a 9X11 baking pan.
- Mix soups, sherry and butter together and pour a little over the rice to moisten it.
- Salt the chicken breasts and place the salted chicken breasts on the rice.
- (It is okay if they overlap some).
- Pour the rest of the liquid on the breasts.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese, almonds and paprika on top.
- Note: Do not add any moisture to the soups.
- The only liquid is the wine.
- Bake 2 1/2 hours uncovered at 275 degrees.
This worked out exactly the way it should. I think the slow cooking is really what makes it come out. The chicken was tender and moist - didn't really need a knife to cut it - and the rice was nicely done. Really good flavor and couldn't be easier to put together!! Thanks!
I tried this recipe last night and followed the directions exactly, but this just didn't work for me. The rice was half crunchy and half done. The chicken was dry, I don't know what happened. Thanks anyway looneytunesfan.
This was a tasty quick casserole when you get home from a long cold day at work, it really warms you up! I did use skinless, boneless breasts and it worked out fine. Thanks Annette Marie