1/4 Photos of Baked Chicken Breast Supreme
24 hrs 40 mins
Marinating the chicken in the sour cream or yogurt, and lemon makes this chicken very tender, and very delicious, this is an outstanding chicken recipe. It is important that only dry breadcrumbs be used for this recipe, otherwise the coating will become soggy. (tip: remove your breadcrumbs a day ahead, and spread them on a cookie sheet overnight to dry). Note: plan ahead, the chicken needs to marinate in the fridge overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sour cream or 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 -3 cloves fresh minced garlic (or more if desired)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- black pepper
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs (make sure to only use DRY breadcrumbs)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (optional)
- 1In a very large bowl, combine the first 8 ingredients; mix well.
- 2Wash and pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel.
- 3Place the breasts in the mixture; turn to coat evenly, (make sure that each piece is completely coated with sour cream mixture).
- 4Cover, and refrigerate overnight in the refrigerator (not more than 24 hours).
- 5Remove the chicken from the marinade; coat each piece with the dry bread crumbs, that have been mixed with 1 tsp seasoning salt (if using).
- 6Arrange on a foil-lined greased baking sheet (don't overcrowd the pieces).
- 7Bake, uncovered in a PREHEATED 400 degree oven, for 40 minutes, or until the juices run clear-- DELICIOUS!
- 8Note: make sure that the oven is properly preheated to 400 degrees, and is very hot, this will make for a crisp coating and a moist chicken breast, remember-- DRY breadcrumbs only!
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken Breast Supreme
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 292.5
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 288.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 32.3 g