Sarah (Chef #1209813)'s Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 medium zucchini, sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1In a shallow bowl, beat egg, water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- 2Set aside 2 tablespoons bread crumbs.
- 3Place the remaining crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag.
- 4Dip chicken in egg mixture, then place in bag and shake to coat.
- 5In a large skillet, cook chicken in 2 tablespoons oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown; remove and set aside.
- 6In the same skillet, saute zucchini in remaining oil until crisp-tender; drain.
- 7Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 8Sprinkle the reserved bread crumbs over the zucchini.
- 9Top with tomato slices; sprinkle with 2/3 cup mozzarella cheese, basil and remaining salt.
- 10Top with chicken.
- 11Cover and bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 12Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 13Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken and Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (572 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.4
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 144.1 mg
- Sodium 990.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 40.5 g