Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Baked breaded chicken dish. Adapted this from one of my Nana's chicken dishes. She used chicken thighs and other parts.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (seasoned with oregano, basil, garlic)
- 3 tablespoons oregano
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix bread crumbs with grated cheese.
- Dip the chicken in the melted butter then in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place chicken in oven covered, for approximately 20-25 minutes (This depends on the thickness of your chicken breasts).
- Mix the remaining butter with the wine, oregano, and chopped onions.
- When the chicken has about five minutes left until it is done, pour the butter/wine mixture over the chicken.
- The chicken should not be covered for the last 5 minutes.
Very fast and easy to make.It tasted really good. I thought it had a little too much oregano in the wine and butter sauce that you pour over in the last 5 minutes. This recipe would be good with an alfredo or tomato based sauce also.I had to cook my chicken a little longer because the boneless chicken breasts I buy at my supermarket are really thick.
Very easy to make, I have tried both with chicken thighs and chicken breasts. Both came out EXCELLENT!
This was so delicious! My dinner guest was a half hour early so I had to make this while she watched and it was very easy to do. Everyone had seconds and I will make this again SOON! Thanks.