Recipe by LaurieAnn S
Baked breaded chicken dish. Adapted this from one of my Nana's chicken dishes. She used chicken thighs and other parts.
Top Review by Traci Campbell
Very fast and easy to make.It tasted really good. I thought it had a little too much oregano in the wine and butter sauce that you pour over in the last 5 minutes. This recipe would be good with an alfredo or tomato based sauce also.I had to cook my chicken a little longer because the boneless chicken breasts I buy at my supermarket are really thick.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
- 2 cups breadcrumbs (seasoned with oregano, basil, garlic)
- 3 tablespoons oregano
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 3 stalks green onions, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix bread crumbs with grated cheese.
- Dip the chicken in the melted butter then in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place chicken in oven covered, for approximately 20-25 minutes (This depends on the thickness of your chicken breasts).
- Mix the remaining butter with the wine, oregano, and chopped onions.
- When the chicken has about five minutes left until it is done, pour the butter/wine mixture over the chicken.
- The chicken should not be covered for the last 5 minutes.