Recipe by Dancer^
This chicken dish is moist and flavorful thanks to slow cooking in a covered container. The delicate sage and licorice flavor of the tarragon complements the chicken perfectly. Points 6.
- 6 chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole white pearl onions
- 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 1 (7 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend, and seasoning packet
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Remove skin and bones from chicken breasts and cut into 1/2- to 1-inch pieces.
- Combine the chicken, celery, pearl onions and tarragon plus 1 cup of the unsalted chicken broth in a nonstick frying pan.
- Cook on medium heat until the chicken and vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the wine, remaining 2 cups chicken broth, rice and seasoning packet.
- Let soak for 30 minutes.
- In a baking dish, add the cooked chicken and the wine mixture.
- Cover and bake for 60 minutes.
- Serve immediately.