Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My family loves this recipe. Both my parents are diabetic and they enjoy this meal with a nice big salad. It's satisfying and has a good taste. I always marinate the chicken overnight - it give a great taste.
- 1 cup fat-free lemon yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 4 carrots
- 4 parsnips
- 1 small butternut squash
- 1 red onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups fat free chicken broth
- 5 ounces whole wheat couscous
- Mince your garlic, grate your ginger, cut your carrots into 1" pieces, cut your parsnips into 1" pieces along with the butternut squash and red onion. Do not combine into one bowl keep seperated!
- In a 13 x 9 " baking dish, combine the yogurt, garlic, ginger and curry powder. Add the skinless chicken breasts (halved) and coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When the chicken has marinated, preheat the oven to 400. Place the carrots, parsnips, squash, onion and oil in a large roasting pan. Toss to coat. Bake for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, remove the chicken from the refrigerator, and stir in the broth. Cover loosely with foil, and bake along with the veggies for 25 minutes. Remove both from the oven. Remove the foil from the chicken, and place the vegetables around it. Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the couscous per package directions. Fluff with a fork and service with the chicken and veggies.
- NOTE: I toss my veggies into the cooked couscous and plate it along side my chicken. If you need additional seasoning do so now.