Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a tried an true family recipe. You never have left overs when you make this one! It is warm and conforting, with out all the work. One of my top recipes, easy! People will think you spent all day making this. Make a great presenation. You can add 2 slices of cheese to each breast. However, I lighten it up with one slice. Still has good flavor.
- In a baking pan: place chicken & add slice of cheese to each breast.
- In seperate bowl combine chicken soup and 1/4 water. Place soup mixture on top of chicken and cheese.
- Then crunch up stuffing into small bits, add to chicken.
- The last step is to add the butter over the top (drizzle). This way the stuffing gets moist and crunchy. (cover with foil for the first 15-20 minutes. Remove the last 10 - 15 minutes so top will cook.
- Bake on HI for 30-35 minutes.
Did everything to the "book" and the chicken was raw. Had to seperate the chicken to cook it until done and it ended up so tough we could hardly eat it. I also cooked the dressing mixture a little more because of the raw chicken. The cooking time must be wrong.
I tried this recipe. It sounded yummy but did not turn out good at all, very disappointed! My chicken wasn't frozen and used a glass dish, but other than that followed the directions. the chicken did not cook at all! I had to keep turning it over and adding time. By the time I got the chicken cooked the stuffing was burnt! Would really love to try again. Any suggestions?
this sounds delicious and i'm making it right now but i wasn't sure which rack to use because you didn't specify so I have it on the 4" and I hope it doesn't burn.