Recipe by Starfire (aka Wendy)
This is a tried an true family recipe. You never have left overs when you make this one! It is warm and conforting, with out all the work. One of my top recipes, easy! People will think you spent all day making this. Make a great presenation. You can add 2 slices of cheese to each breast. However, I lighten it up with one slice. Still has good flavor.
Top Review by marjiepi
very good. sometimes i dont have swiss when i prepare this and it still is good. i also compliment it with cooked apples in brown sugar and my kids devour it. thanks for the post
- 4 chicken breasts (thawed)
- 11 ounces chicken soup (1 can)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 slices swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a baking pan: place chicken & add slice of cheese to each breast.
- In seperate bowl combine chicken soup and 1/4 water. Place soup mixture on top of chicken and cheese.
- Then crunch up stuffing into small bits, add to chicken. The last step is to add the butter over the top (drizzle). This way the stuffing gets moist and crunchy.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Note, check after 45-50 minutes If top gets to brown cover with foil.