Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a tried an true family recipe. You never have left overs when you make this one! It is warm and conforting, with out all the work. One of my top recipes, easy! People will think you spent all day making this. Make a great presenation. You can add 2 slices of cheese to each breast. However, I lighten it up with one slice. Still has good flavor.
- 4 chicken breasts (thawed)
- 11 ounces chicken soup (1 can)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 cups Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- In a baking pan: place chicken & add slice of cheese to each breast.
- In seperate bowl combine chicken soup and 1/4 water. Place soup mixture on top of chicken and cheese.
- Then crunch up stuffing into small bits, add to chicken. The last step is to add the butter over the top (drizzle). This way the stuffing gets moist and crunchy.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Note, check after 45-50 minutes If top gets to brown cover with foil.
very good. sometimes i dont have swiss when i prepare this and it still is good. i also compliment it with cooked apples in brown sugar and my kids devour it. thanks for the post
This will make it to my top 2009 reviewed recipes cookbook. I loved how drizzling the top of the casserole with butter made the stuffing moist and crunchy. It was delicious.
This is one of our favorite recipes. The only thing I do different is to add 1/2 can of milk and 1/2 can of sweet vermouth to the chicken soup instead of water. Yummy stuff and is great then next day.