Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe on a pack of stampkoring and used Impala leg chops, deboned and cut in to blocks. You can try and use any meat to your liking. I’m vegetarian so I can’t tell how well it turns out, but my family loved it. I made half that recipe and there was enough for 4-5 people. you can alter spices to type of meat you choose. I used a tin of onion and tomatoes.
- 500 ml wheat berries (stampkoring uncooked)
- 45 ml maize meal
- 5 ml paprika
- 5 ml mustard powder
- salt and pepper
- 12 chicken breasts
- 2 onions (sliced)
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 150 g fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 500 ml boiled water
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 30 ml Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Fry chicken breast in oil and arrange half of it in oiled oven dish.
- Fry onions and tomatoes and pour over the chicken.
- Add the raw mushrooms and stampkoring over chicken.
- Put another layer of chicken in the dish.
- Mix chicken extract and rest of ingredients with boiled water and pour it over the chicken.
- Cover well with foil or lid, and bake in oven for 1 ½ hours at 180°C.