1 hr 10 mins
Anna Ginsbergs, 2006 Pillsbury Bake-Off winner. An old-fashioned chicken dinner is updated for two, with a surprising ingredient that makes the spinach stuffing extra special. The Zaar computer is not recognizing '1 package' of Pillsbury Dunkables...(the recipe uses only 9 sticks, and 3 of the syrup cups from the package of dunkables).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 pillsbury dunkables homestyle frozen waffle sticks
- pancake syrup, 3 cups from the package
- 2 tablespoons peach preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts (1 lb)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 1/2 cups green giant frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain well (from 1-lb bag)
- 1 tablespoon beaten egg white
- 1 tablespoon chopped pecans
- 1Heat oven to 350°.
- 2Spray a 9-inch glass pie plate or a 8-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- 3In a small bowl, mix contents of the syrup cups from waffles, the preserves, and Worcestershire sauce.
- 4Place chicken, skin side up, in pie plate; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 5Spoon syrup mixture over chicken.
- 6Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, toast waffle sticks as directed on box.
- 8Cool slightly, about 2 minutes.
- 9Cut waffles into 3/4-inch cubes; set aside.
- 10Spray a 1-quart casserole with cooking spray (or use a 9x5-inch nonstick loaf pan; do not spray).
- 11In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- 12Add onion; cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender.
- 13Stir in waffle pieces and broth, breaking up and moistening waffle pieces.
- 14Sprinkle with poultry seasoning and sage.
- 15Remove from heat; stir in spinach.
- 16Cool about 5 minutes.
- 17Stir in egg white and pecans.
- 18Spoon stuffing into casserole; place in oven with chicken.
- 19Bake uncovered for 15 to 25 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut to bone (170°F) and stuffing is thoroughly heated.
- 20Serve chicken with stuffing, spooning remaining sauce in pan over chicken.
Browse Our Top For 1 Or 2 Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken and Spinach Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (377 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 468.9
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 108.0 mg
- Sodium 639.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 37.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen waffle sticks