Recipe by MoreWithLessMom
I found this recipe online: Baked flautas/taquitos stuffed with seasoned, shredded chicken, spinach, and cheese are crispy, but don’t have the greasiness of fried versions. To shred poached chicken easily, put it into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and mix on medium for 45 seconds. Store-bought rotisserie chicken can be substituted for the poached chicken to save time.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 4)
- 16 ounces beer
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 3 cups Baby Spinach, chopped
- 5 burrito-size flour tortillas (9 inches)
- 6 ounces Velveeta cheese or 6 ounces melting cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon cooking spray
- salsa, for serving
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450*F.
- Put the chicken thighs in a deep sided saute pan and cover with the beer and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove the chicken from the liquid and shred it. Mix together the chicken and seasonings.
- Pour out all but 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid. Add the jalapeno and spinach and cook over low heat until for 2-3 minutes, or until the spinach is wilted.
- Cut the tortillas in half. Spoon 1/10th of the chicken (about 1 tablespoon) along the long edge of a tortilla. Repeat with the spinach and cheese. Roll the tortilla up, starting with the straight edge. Place seam-side down on an oiled baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Brush the flautas with olive oil or spray with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes, then turn them over and bake for until 10 minutes, or until crispy. Serve with salsa.