Recipe by AlaskaStephanie
This is an old old old recipe. I make it when I'm home on rainy Saturday afternoons, and then heat it up for work lunches. Comfort food without the cream of mushroom soup!
- 4 -5 cups cooked chicken (or turkey)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 cup raw rice
- 2 -3 cups chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion
- 1 cup evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place meat in a greased casserole dish (approximately 9 x 13 inches).
- Sprinkle with salt and herbs (I never measure; I just sprinkle from the jar).
- Saute onions in butter until clear.
- Arrange onion over chicken.
- Sprinkle rice evenly over the top and add chicken broth to cover.
- Cover pan tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for one and a half hours.
- Add evaporated milk. Cover again and bake another thirty minutes. Don’t stir.