Recipe by DeeMiddleton
My family loves this recipe I got from my Mom when I got married. It's one of my favorites. I usually double or triple the rice part of this recipe my kids love it and there's not enough of it if I don't. Hope you love it as much as we do!
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil (approximately)
- 3.69 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1.62 ml garlic salt
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 414.03 ml water
- 78.07 ml chopped onion
- 4.92 ml parsley flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 3.30 ml salt
- 0.65 ml food coloring (for appearence only)
- 177.44 ml long grain rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken breast, skinned and rinsed and patted dry into 13x9 pan.
- Brush tops and bottoms of chicken well with vegetable oil and place chicken meaty side up in pan. Discard remaining oil.
- Sprinkle with 3/4 tsp salt, 1/3 tsp garlic salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- In a sauce pan combine 1 3/4 cup water, 2 chicken bouilion cubes, 1/3 cup chopped onion, 1 tsp parsley flakes, 1/2 bay leaf, 2/3 tsp salt and 10 drops yellow food coloring.
- Bring just to a boil.
- Remove chicken from pan, dump sauce pan ingredients into pan with chicken drippings. Sprinkle 3/4 cup long grain rice evely over broth mixture.
- Place chicken on top of rice with meaty side down this time and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Remove bay leaf and discard. Enjoy!