1/1 Photo of Baked Chicken and Rice
1 hr 10 mins
My family loves this recipe I got from my Mom when I got married. It's one of my favorites. I usually double or triple the rice part of this recipe my kids love it and there's not enough of it if I don't. Hope you love it as much as we do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (approximately)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 2/3 teaspoon salt
- 10 drops food coloring (for appearence only)
- 3/4 cup long grain rice
- 1Place chicken breast, skinned and rinsed and patted dry into 13x9 pan.
- 2Brush tops and bottoms of chicken well with vegetable oil and place chicken meaty side up in pan. Discard remaining oil.
- 3Sprinkle with 3/4 tsp salt, 1/3 tsp garlic salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- 4Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 5In a sauce pan combine 1 3/4 cup water, 2 chicken bouilion cubes, 1/3 cup chopped onion, 1 tsp parsley flakes, 1/2 bay leaf, 2/3 tsp salt and 10 drops yellow food coloring.
- 6Bring just to a boil.
- 7Remove chicken from pan, dump sauce pan ingredients into pan with chicken drippings. Sprinkle 3/4 cup long grain rice evely over broth mixture.
- 8Place chicken on top of rice with meaty side down this time and cover tightly with foil.
- 9Bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Remove bay leaf and discard. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 502.9
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 919.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 32.9 g